Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Eric et été: Le rayon vert





















As I make my way through my "recommencer" alphabet - I'm lingering on "E": In this case Eric Rohmer of cinematic Nouvelle Vague fame and été of sun & fun fame.


The prizewinning film Le rayon vert, or Summer as it's known in the United States was released in 1986 as part of the series "Comedies et Proverbs" directed by Rohmer.


If you aren't a fan of either Eric Rohmer or Nouvelle Vague then I would suggest carefully choosing the first Rohmer film to watch. I watched this film without expectations but with the patience of a cinephile. So I hung on till the end. I can't really say more than that because I feel any sort of description is in fact a spoiler about what the whole film is about. If you are familiar with Eric Rohmer then you know what I'm talking about and why you are going to or not going to see this movie. If you aren't familiar- proceed with caution and a lot of patience.


Or maybe the French trailer is enough:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp7a2jYftp0



Foto: Lampadaire en Allemagne, avril 2011.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

life is like an Eric Rohmer movie, unfortunatelly