Friday, July 10, 2009

Mangeons!



I must admit that when it comes to French cuisine I am woefully uninformed. While others might pore over guides about what and where to eat I am happy to get coincidental recommendations or risk just going into restaurants to learn about French food.

"Let's eat" is my strategy. Sometimes without knowing exactly what- as thumbing
through my little Berlitz phrase book and dictionary from 1993 sometimes doesn't tell me what everything means.

Pictured, the fixed-price menu I had at the Hostellerie le Fénelon. Can you pick out the dishes I ordered from the menu? Advanced French students, gourmands and gourmets, can you tell me exactly what I ate?


Menu à 22.50 Euro

Cou de canard farci et sa petit salade aux noix

ou

Salade moulée d'avocat au saumon fumé

ou

Potage de légumes


***


Suprême de valaille panée aux noix

ou

Filet de sandre à l'oseille

ou

Faux filet grillé beurre béarnaise


***


Légumes du jour


***


Plateau de fromages


***


Carte des Desserts


La photo: à Carennac, dans le Lot, France. Mai 2009.

No comments: