Friday, June 12, 2009

Le Menu



My first visit to France this year was also my first French immersion course ever. For one week my gracious host guided me through joie de vivre in the French Alps. She corrected my French, answered my questions, explained cultural traditions and prepared our meals.


One of the very first things I learned was to come back to the table to finish my meal. The first three days I was getting up after the main dish thinking that the meal was finished only to find out that there was still fromages and dessert. By the end of that week I had learned to stay at the table- my stomach full and much wiser. Joie de vivre means enjoying a meal of many courses!


So on my recent one-week visit to south-western of France I vowed to put what I had learned to practice: stay at the table til dessert is served! Everyday I sampled one of the fixed-price menus instead of ordering à la carte.


le menu the fixed-price menu
joie de vivre joy of life

fromages cheeses

dessert dessert

la carte the menu

à la carte ordering from the menu



Les photos: Delicious four-course 21€ prix fixe menu at Le Bouche à Oreille, Alvignac. Mai 2009

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello there,

Those photographs look soooo gooood I guess I am going to have to get on my bicycle and pedal up to Alivigac soon for another meal. Yum.

Did you see the chateau hotel I discovered at St Emilion? You would have loved it.

Cath X
letramizal.blogspot.com

le petit foufou said...

Salut Cath X!


Thanks for reading and writing. I'm just catching up on responding to comments. I do check out your blog to see your discoveries more frequently than I sometimes respond to comments.

Be well,
p_ff