Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Bonne Valentin!



To write a good love letter, you ought to begin without knowing what you mean to say, and to finish without knowing what you have written.

Jean-Jacques Rousseau


Rousseau, the famous French philospher and writer, might also be describing how I've been doing my French homework. Leafing through past assignments, vocabulary I once knew escapes me now. I'm left wondering at what my French self has written. Code-breaking with my French dictionary is gladly postponed for another day: Aujourd'hui- c'est le jour de la Saint Valentin!


It's time to turn to the ones we love, long to love or if you're Filipino anyone you care about (it could be their loved ones, office mates, friends, or even those who have hurt their feelings) and let them know how you feel.


Even if you aren't en France, français, ou un francophile, you know French is not a romance language for nothing. Sprinkling your Valentine's greeting with one of the
"five loveliest French words to say" (or hear for that matter) will surely melt more than a box of chocolat. So without further ado my valentine's Haiku:



Mon amour: c'est toi!

Monsieur Foufou, j'taime

You and only you.



La Photo: Monsieur_Foufou sous-marin en Hawaii, septembre 2002
Photo by diving school instructor

No comments: